Sunday, September 12, 2010

Family Representing in Big Bear!

My Mom and Dad came out from Kentucky to visit and see the new house. While they were here I tried to show them all the wonderful things to do in Big Bear. We hiked, walked the village, saw the sunset, hiked some more, ate at Grizzly Manor...all the classic Big Bear stuff. On Saturday my Dad and I ran in the Endure the Bear trail runs. This is another great event that Big Bear Vacations is proud to sponsor. It was a beautiful day and a very exciting and challenging course. My Dad ran the 15K and ran away with a 2nd place finish in his age group! AWESOME! So he gets to go home with some nice hardware and some decent bragging rights!


The Endure the Bear 30K trail run was the last event of the Conquer the Bear Challenge. I was excited to run, but not too excited about having to go for 18 miles! In the end I was able to eek out a 4th place finish overall, good for first in my age group! Awesome day in Big Bear and was glad to share it with my Mom and Dad!


Looking forward to Conquer the Bear 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment